Have you outgrown your office space? Maximizing your company's productivity and morale includes finding the right place to work. When you have enough space to work in comfort and organize your business, you set your business up for success. These pointers will help you get the most out of your current office area and help you know when to find a new one.
Signs That Your Business Has Outgrown Its Office Space
Think about your office layout and business output. Do you have:
- A Place to Relax: Do you provide a break room or lunch area?
- Sufficient Meeting Space: Can your employees find somewhere to collaborate with coworkers and clients?
- An Unobtrusive Storage Area: Do you have enough room for your files and additional tools of the trade?
- Clear Pathways Through the Office: Can you and your employees walk through your space without trouble?
Did you answer "no" to any of these questions? Consider asking your employees for feedback to see if their office space interferes with their work. It's up to you and your team to decide if you need a bigger area.
What to Do With an Outgrown Business Space
You have two solutions when your company gets too big for its office. Companies with enough of a budget can look for another space to buy or rent. Your business also has the choice to make the most of the space you have. Sometimes, a few changes to your office makes the difference between an outgrown and productive business.
How to Make More Space in Your Office
Try these strategies to get more out of your office's square footage:
- Invest in More Compact Equipment: Large printers, fax machines and shredders take up more space than you think. When you upgrade these machines, consider choosing the small models.
- Offer More Telecommuting Opportunities: As part of your business growth strategy, think about the ways that telecommuting can help you make more room. Some employees thrive when they work from home, and you get more space for your on-site staff.
- Change Your Office Layout: In some cases, creating more space takes simple layout changes. Discuss switching to an open office plan with your employees to maximize your area. To keep your layout compact but private, place desks next to each other with small dividers between them.
- Clean up Clutter: When was the last time you went through your storage? Try reorganizing it to clear the way for extra supplies.
Before you make significant changes to your office, go over the idea with your employees. After all, you want to switch up your space to help them be happy and productive.
Digitization as a Space Solution
Converting paper records to digital formats can give you the room you need to succeed in your business. When you request scanning services from ScansAmerica, our white-glove service picks up your papers. Then, we turn your documents into digital files accessible with your computer, and you get more room after removing your filing cabinets thanks to our storage solutions.
Learn how we can help you maximize your space by requesting a quote for digitization services today.